Iurie BEJAN 1 *, Viorica ANGHELUTA 1 , Tatiana BUNDUC 1 , Irodion JECHIU 1
1 Institute of Ecology and Geography, Ministry of Education and Research, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova.
In this study, a simple way of assessing the coefficient of ecological stability of lands (Keco) is proposed. The territory of the Republic of Moldova, in terms of the administrative-territorial structure, it is constituted by 983 units (including 66 urban localities). Thus, the Keco estimate was performed on administrative units of rank III at the level of 2020. To appreciate ecological stability by administrative units four classes of ecological stability were highlighted (unstable, uncertain stability, medium and stable). Each administrative unit received an ecological stability class (Keco) depending on land use. For the year 2020, 51.5% of the communes registered a value corresponding to the unstable class, and another 42.7% recorded an uncertain stability. Medium and high stability classes were registered in only 5.8% of the communes. The situation has not essentially changed in the last 11 years, such as identified trends can be used for the development of policies in the field of land improvements and, directly, to the improvement of the ecological condition of the landscapes.
- Begu, A.; Boboc, N. (2021). Typology of valuable natural elements from landscape reserves in the Prut Basin (Republic of Moldova). PESD, 16(1), 89-96. https://doi.org/10.47743/pesd2022161007
- Bejan, I. (2010) Land use in the Republic of Moldova (monograph). AESM Publishing House, pp.166.
- Bejan, I.; Boboc, N.; Muntean, V. (2021) Impact of anthropic activities on the geographic landscapes’ state in the area of Republic of Moldova in XXI century. PESD, 15(2), 135-143. https://doi.org/10.15551/pesd2021152011
- Bunduc, T.; Jechiu, R.; Bejan, I.; Angheluta V. (2022) Assessment of degraded land in Republic of Moldova: a case study on Tigheci catchment. PESD, 16(1), 155-169. https://doi.org/10.47743/pesd2022161012
- Chromčák, J.; Bačová, D.; Pecho, P.; Seidlová, A. (2021) The Possibilities of Orthophotos Application for Calculation of Ecological Stability Coefficient Purposes. Sustainability, 13, 3017. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13063017
- Dousa, M. (2021) Changes in the Landscape Character of the Studied Area of the Cadastre of the Municipality of Doudleby in the South Bohemian Region in the Czech Republic. European Journal of Sustainable Development Research, 5(2), em0153. https://doi.org/10.21601/ejosdr/9759
- Meyfroidt, P.; Lambin, E.F.; Erb, K.H.; Hertel, T.W. (2013) Globalization of land use: distant drivers of land change and geographic displacement of land use. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 5(5), 438-444. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cosust.2013.04.003 .
- Muchova, Z.; Tarnikova, M. (2018) Land cover change and its influence on the assessment of the ecological stability. Applied ecology and environmental research, 16(3), 2169-2182. http://dx.doi.org/10.15666/aeer/1603_21692182
- Rusu, A.; Ursu, A.; Stoleriu, C.C.; Groza, O.; Niacșu, L.; Sfîcă, L.; Stoleriu, O.M. (2020) Structural changes in the Romanian economy reflected through Corine Land Cover Datasets. Remote Sensing, 12(8), 1323.https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12081323
- Ursu, A.; Sfîcă, L.; Niacşu, L.; Ionut, M.; Ionuţ, V.; Iulian, S. (2007) The changes occurred in the land use from the eastern part of Romania after 1989-remote sensing and GIS application. PESD, 1, 319-326.
- Vyleta, R.; Valent, P.; Nemetova, Z. ; Hlavcova K. (2019) An Assessment of Changes in Ecological Stability and Landscape Management Practices over the Last Centuries: A Case Study from Vrbovce, Slovakia. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 603, 022083, IOP Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/603/2/022083
- Atlas: Climate changes and the current state of landscapes (2021). Ministry of Education, Culture and Research, Institute of Ecology and Geography, Chisinau, 2021, pp.73. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19scpi5yL00NJvU1457vUSFCMXz8ZOy-S/view.
- The Land Cadastre of the Republic of Moldova for the 2010-2021 period, Available online: https://www.arfc.gov.md/content/cadastrul-funciar-2010-2021.
- The World Bank Open Data, agriculture land and arable land available by country, 2020, Available online: https://data.worldbank.org/. (Accessed on 29/11/2022).