Abstract. Protecting the environment is an objective that should be of interest to all states, all international bodies, and all citizens, since pollution and its consequences, the ever more pressing climate changes, are problems that can only be solved with actions taken by all the parties involved. This situation requires a more responsible approach towards the actions related to climate change, which makes it necessary to adopt new policies and legal strategies in the field of environmental protection, at a national, European, and international level. An important role is played by the environmental policy, as a form of directing and organising the complex activity of environmental protection, needed to set in place the strategies, methods, and means used in the actions performed nationally and internationally in order to improve the environmental conditions. At present, the complex and global nature of climate change requires an extended and consistent action for cooperation between the states and the international organisations, with the purpose to adopt a rigorous and effective legislation, which would constitute a modern, harmonized, and efficient legal framework, including measures designed, first of all, to lower greenhouse gas emissions.
- Boyd Emily, Schipper Ema Lisa (2002), The Marrakech Accord—At the Crossroad to Ratification: Seventh Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, The Journal of Environment & Development 11(2):184-190, https://doi.org/10.1177/10796502011002006.
- Durac G. (2019), The Legal Protection of Environmental Factors – A Premise for Sustainable Development, to the International Business Information Management Conference (33th IBIMA), 10-11 april 2019, Granada, Spania.
- Duţu M. (2014), Dreptul mediului, 4th edition, CH Beck Publishing House, p. 56.
- Grubb M., Vrolijk C., Brack D. (1999), The Kyoto Protocol – A Guide and Assessment, The Royal Institute of International Affairs, p.116.
- Lupan E. (2008), Tratat de dreptul protecţiei mediului, C.H Beck Publishing House, Bucharest, p. 125.
- Marinescu D. (2010), Tratat de dreptul mediului, 4th edition, revised and completed, Editura Universul Juridic, Bucharest, p. 134.
- Negruţ V. (2008), Dreptul mediului, Editura Fundaţiei Academice “Danubius’’, Galaţi, p. 112.
- Oneț C. (2017), Dreptul mediului, , Universul Juridic Publishing House, Bucharest, p. 268.
- Porcar D.D. (2009), Schimbări climatice şi protecţia atmosferei, U. T. Press Publishing House, Cluj-Napoca, 2009, p. 67.
- Stocker T. F. (2014), Climate Change 2013, The Physical Science Basis, Working Group I, Contribution to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Working Group I Technical Support Unit, Cambridge University Press, DOI: 10.1017/CBO9781107415324
- Teodoroiu S. M. (2009), Dreptul Mediului şi dezvoltării durabile. Curs Universitar, Editura Universul Juridic, Bucharest, p. 269.
- Ţarcă Șt. (2005), Dreptul Mediului. Curs Universitar, Lumina Lex Publishing House, Bucharest, p. 192.
- Vig N. J., Axelrod R. S. (1999), The Global Environment- Institutions, Law and Policy, Earthscan Publications Ltd, p. 210.
- A/CONF.48/14/Rev.1 (1972), Stockholm Declaration on the Human Environment, in Report of the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment, UN Doc.A/CONF.48/14, at 2 and Corr.1, Stockholm , https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/523249
- United Nations (1992), United Nations Framework convention on climate change, United nations, 1992, FCCC/INFORMAL/84 GE.05-62220 (E) 200705, https://unfccc.int/resource/docs/convkp/conveng.pdf
- United Nations (1998), Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, United Nations, 1998, https://unfccc.int/resource/docs/convkp/kpeng.pdf
- The European Parliament (2009), Decision No 406/2009/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009 on the effort of Member States to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions to meet the Community’s greenhouse gas emission reduction commitments up to 2020, Brussels, http://data.europa.eu/eli/dec/2009/406/oj
- United Nations (2015), Paris Agreement, United Nations, https://unfccc.int/sites/default/files/english_paris_agreement.pdf
- The European Parliament (2016), Directive (EU) 2016/2284 of the European Parliament and of the Council, 14 December, on the reduction of national emissions of certain atmospheric pollutants, amending Directive 2003/35/EC and repealing Directive 2001/81/EC, European Journal of UE, https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dir/2016/2284/oj
- European Commission (2019), The European Green Deal, European Commission, COM(2019) 640, Brussels, https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/european-green-deal-communication_en.pdf